Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recycled/Reused Holiday Ornament

Happy Wednesday!
Check out the fun ornament I ended up with when I was trying to make a card....The skates fell off of a gift bag at Christmas - you know I just couldn't throw them out - I knew I could use them somewhere! I pulled them out and started fiddling - then came across the blue and eyelet circle layers on my scrapdesk - they were part of a tag that Danderella used for her daughter's Birthday goodie bags....I added a new brown layer and embossed with snowflakes, then sanded just a bit to let the white core show thru. Hot glue secured the skates in place (they are a bit heavy) then I simply punched a hole and threaded some organdy ribbon thru.


Pretty good considering that the only new thing I used was a tiny piece of brown cardstock and a piece of ribbon eh? Now I wish I had more of those skates so I could make a couple more of these. Both of Danderella's girls are figure skaters and they would look perfect on next year's Christmas gifts! Hmmm, maybe I'll have to go check out the clearance gift bag section at the dollar store.....

Hope you are having a great week! Mine has been so so - Chester has not been feeling great for the past three weeks and we've had a pickle of a time figuring out what's up - several tests and doctors appointments/walk-in clinics later.....Docs seem to think it is a virus that is simply hanging on, but he seems to be perking up now - fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Shanna :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous ornament/tag! Simple, but elegant. Great job on the reduce, reuse, recycle thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! as soon as I saw it I thought of you and my friend Shyla, figure skaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great ornament! See it pays to hoard stuff!
    Sorry to hear Chester has been feeling under the weather, hope he's on the mend very soon
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)