Sunday, July 20, 2014

Do more of what makes you awesome!

Right then, I am currently in search of my mojo...not sure where it went!
Kiddos at sleepaway camp, hubby went out for the morning and it took me hours before I got around to getting a card made. I guess I just wasn't feeling it. So I decided to get started with these fun, bright colours. Though it is a really simple design, I do like the result.



I have been itching to use this fun Unity stamp since I got it back in June. It makes me think of my youngest son whose response to everything is invariably "Awesome!"
Here is a peek at the inside.
.

I would like to share at Seize the Birthday where the optional topping is twine or string, which I managed to use on here.

And if it is okay to enter more than once, I would also like to share at Shopping Our Stash. This week's challenge is to use something you have been using A LOT of lately. Well, washi tape is the one thing (see second to last post) but up-cycling Starbuck's coffee sleeves (corrugated hearts) is the other thing. I can't seem to stop it!

Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

What I used:
papers: Simple Stories - I {Heart} Summer
stickers: Simple Stories
Twine: CTMH
stamps: Awesome - Unity, sentiments inside CTMH D1420 "A Little Everything" and B1431 "Reel Life"

7 comments:

  1. What a great sentiment, and I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors, and who doesn't love getting rainbows as a gift? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove washi tape! And yay for upcycling coffee sleeves!

    Thanks for joining us (again) at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on this card! The button on the one heart is a great touch and I love how you did the sentiment on the inside. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. duuuuuuuuuude!!! i don't think that was missing mojo, i think that was probably just shock of a mama being in a silent house for the first time in 8 or 9 years... your brain didn't know how to cope, lol! :) :) :) meanwhile, WHO would ever stop using washi & coffee sleeves whilst amazing cards like this one were the result?! love, love, LOVE this!!!!!!!!!! (of course i have the lego movie song back in my head now, "everything is AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!" which is not necessarily a bad thing, except i can't remember the rest of it... have to watch the film again...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun card! Love that sentiment and the bright color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)