Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Holiday Wishes from the Saturday Evening Post

This card is an alternate version of this card that I made awhile back after finding an awesome stash of Christmas Playing cards at a yard sale!!! What a score! Doesn't this playing card Santa make for a fab focal point?
 My son has me in the mood to make Christmas cards - he LOVES Christmas and has been playing Christmas tunes for the last few days even though it is summer time here! Gotta love that boy!


I have managed to incorporate a number of challenges with this one! I rarely combine more than two, but here it goes:

Christmas Card Challenges - Think tags
Inky Chicks - Christmas in July
Shopping Our Stash - "Wooden Boats" - use wood/wood veneer OR boats
Jingle Belles / SOS - special challenge to make a Christmas card using stash at least one year old - some of this stuff is WAY older than that, lol! I think the gingham ribbon has been in my stash for 10 years!
Winter Wonderland - dots & stripes - there are lots of stripes on the inside of my card which I neglected to photograph (will try to edit tomorrow) but there are technically stripes on the corrugated heart I made with recycled Starbuck's sleeves.

Whew! I think that covers it.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

What I used:
papers - Bo Bunny "Rejoice"
map stamp - SU
re-purposed playing card (the Santa image)
recycled Starbuck's coffee sleeve (heart)
bling
antique button

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic Christmas card! Glad I am not the only one who saves and re-purposes my tea cup sleeves LOL
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Wooden Ships" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years old & finally finding a home ... love that ... and the playing cards were a fantastic find ... so very glad you shopped your stash with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only have you combined a bunch of challenges brilliantly AND used another one of those awesomely found garage sale playing cards, you've actually managed to combine BOTH sos challenges at the same time! now THAT is impressive, missus! love this one, and love that the boy is helping the inspiration process with the xmas tunes in july! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH (times 2!!!) with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage card!
    Thanks for playing along at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cards! WHAT A SCORE!! Christmas music definitely helps me create Christmas cards too :) Love that you combined both SOS challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card! loving that corrugated heart, it is fabulous! thanks for joining in at shopping our stash this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and such a fabulous card - I love the ideas that I am gaining from my visit to your blog - I found you through the Moxie Fab World blog roll!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)