Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Holidays

Have been away from the computer and the scrap space for a bit as we went camping this past weekend. Got lucky with the weather and managed to dodge the rain and storms that were forecast. It did rain while we were there, but overnight so it was ok. Saw lots of wildlife - bear (just one and not at our campsite thankfully!), red fox (several, or maybe the same one at our campsite), deer (lots), squirrels, skunk, rabbit and partridge. There were  A LOT of BUGS. So hoping that there will be fewer blood-sucking insects next time! We did a hike totalling 8 km - with a beautiful rocky beach waiting for us on the shore of Lake Supeior at the turn around point - such a relief from the closeness of the forest and the bugs. It is definitely one worth repeating when it is less buggy! Will have to share some pics later - though most probably show us doing what I was referring to as "the bug dance!"

In any case, here is another holiday card for the stash using the same sketch referenced 2 posts back from Freshly Made. I will be using this one over and over again! So happy to have another flat & mailable card done!



This time, I used another great graphic from Kaiser Craft's "Turtle Dove" 6x6 pad that I've had in my stash at least a couple of years. The sentiment is from "Holiday Wishes" by Tina Wenke. Here is a shot with the matching envelope.




For the envelope, I used a few different retired CTMH stamp sets. Been having so much fun with my envelope maker!

I would like to share my card at:
Christmas Card Challenges
and
the Jingle Belles & SOS crossover challenge.

Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

11 comments:

  1. Love it again!!!! I'm gonna have to try this sketch, love the stitching by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the matching envie too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love cardinals! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love this sketch. Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another amazingly fab holiday card, missus! HOW did i miss getting that paper pad, it's sooooo very cool! another terrific take on that great sketch, also. thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH once again with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous Shanna. The card design and all the wonderful stitching are just fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful and so picturesque!! Love the envelope and I am just amazed at the beauty of the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! I adore the matching envelope too. I may have to scraplift this layout. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)