Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jingle Belles & Shopping Our Stash Crossover

Jingle Belles and Shopping Our Stash have teamed up for a Christmas In July Challenge. To play along, you need to make a Christmas card using stash that is at least one year old. Here is my card:


All of the stash is at least a couple of years old, some more like 4 or 5 - papers, stamps and embellishments. The design is based on a sketch that Donna was using last week from Freshly Made Sketches. This is such a fabulous sketch and I have had so much fun playing with it. I am especially thrilled when I find a fun way to turn the fabulous scenes sometimes found in paper packs into the focal point of a card. This one is from Kaiser Craft's "Turtle Dove" line. I kept it simple in order to keep the focus on the scene.

Here is another shot with the matching envelope I made.


I'll be back soon. I took advantage of the rain and stormy weather here to spend some time in my craftspace!

Shanna :)

What I used:
paper: Kaiser Craft "Turtle Dove"
sentiment: CTMH D1388 Card Chatter - Christmas (retired)
CTMH Durables Artisan Studs

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, what a gorgeous card, missus, what a GREAT use of a beautiful paper! (i thought it was genuine vintage... either a book page or an old postcard!) i especially looooove that amazing envelope... makes the already fab card exponentially cooler! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES this week miss shanna! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love the matching envelope too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the matchy matchy envelope!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash / Jingle Belles for the "Christmas in July" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shanna : ) I love love love your card!! this image and your color combo say "perfect!" to me : )

    Thanks a bunch for helping me out with the name of the digi I used on my card. I've been able to edit my post to include it and I gave YOU a shout out while I was at it!! : )

    Have a great day.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stitching and coordinating envelope ... that is a great layout to feature your winter scene ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the old, cozy feel of the card. The stitching was a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I actually thought the image was from an old card. Very vintage, and love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing at making beautiful and such picturesque Christmas cards!! I love that you keep making envelopes to go with them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)