Saturday, December 8, 2012

Joy

Happy Saturday!

Thanks for stopping by. Big thanks to Danderella who let me borrow her dienamics wreath from MFT to play with. LOVE it!


Here is version one - I meant to place the wreath a bit lower and lengthen the ribbon just like in Laurel's inspiration photo (below), but this is how it came out, so I played around with it and came up with...

Version Two - just added a row of buttons. I think it came out okay despite the design blooper. I am going to play with it more since I think it could be a perfectly pretty CAS card without the row of buttons if I lengthen that ribbon.


Once I uploaded my pics I realized that you can't see my embossing very well, so I tried a side shot. You will have to trust me, the embossed "brick wall" background is much more apparent in person and I love how it looks. 

Today's card is for three challenges:
Inspired By - this is the inspiration photo - love it!


and
JUGS - embossing



and
Cute Card Thursday - red & green

I would also like to share at:
and
Jingle Belles - Anything (holiday) goes

Wow, I can't believe I managed to fit in so many - it helps that there are so many holiday challenges right now. I was totally inspired to get crafting even though what I should be doing is "get addressing" the cards I already have made to get them in the mail, lol. Oh well, I still have time!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!
Shanna :)

What I used:
MFT dienamics wreath & bow
vintage seam binding
CS - ponderosa pine (CTMH)
scrap patterned paper sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist
 Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder (brick wall)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a fantastic job on these! Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love that wreath! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the wreath cards. The row of buttons looks great, but I agree, you wouldn't want to make 30 of these unless you really wanted to get rid of some buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun punched wreath! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I just love that wreath too! Brick wall embossing, huh?!? I'll have to check that out in person.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The texture is incredible! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)