Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Take it to go



 Hello and thanks for stopping by!



Here is part of the gift I did up for my boy's teachers for Christmas. These "to go" cups hold gift certificates to Tim Horton's. I got this idea from Creative Miss Laurel a couple of years ago when she did up something similar for gifts. I went out hunting for to go cups that could be easily turned into gifts and found these fabulous ones at Dollarama. They have a texture similar to corrugated cardboard. I love them because they have a neutral colour plus the fun texture. They were so much fun to play with and only cost me $2.00 for a pack of 10.
I rooted through my stash of vintage buttons to find ones that seemed to work. I love this one in the middle of the snowflake so much that I almost didn't put it on there, lol! Oh well, no point in hoarding them in a tin where nobody seems them! (It came from the tin of fab vintage buttons my Mom and Lil Sis found me at the Thrift store - thanks girls! They know I have a thing for buttons!)





Today's project is for Laurel's current challenge at Inspired By - this is the photo prompt. I incorporated some of the colours and the snow and who doesn't need a cuppa something warm when they head out shopping? Starbuck's or maybe a David's Tea? What's your fave blend?

I would also like to share my project at The Ribbon Carousel where the challenge theme is "The Holidays" and you must use ribbon or twine.

I almost forgot to link my project up over at The Paper Players where the challenge is currently Snowflakes.

Have a fabulous day!
Shanna :)

What I used:
to go cups from Dollarama
burlap
chipboard
stickles
paper from scrap bin
vintage buttons
Little Yellow Bicycle felt stickers

10 comments:

  1. These are so perfect..what a great teacher's gift!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gifts, love those cups! Thanks for playing at RCC and Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buttons coordinate well with the beautiful wraps and cups. Such unique gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the use of burlap for embellishment ! Thanks for your comment too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gift idea. Love all the layers of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Banana Stamper! Thanks so much for the lovely Christmas card... it's my favorite!
    And Thanks sooooo much for the goodies! You really didn't have to do that...but very much appreciated. I, however, did not manage to make all my cards this year...didn't even send any out :O {naughty me} Next year for sure!! Merry Christmas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How completely cool is this gift. You totally rock Bananananana! Have a wonderful Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project Shanna! Love the warm, wintery colours & the gorgeous texture. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What neat cups! I'm sure the teachers appreciated them and the gift certificates! I love the texture and the warm country vibe! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun way to wrap up gift cards!! Love that idea and you dressed them up in a fabulously festive way. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players and for the awesome inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)