Sunday, December 30, 2012

Precious memories

Unfortunately, I have need of sympathy cards to send. There has been great sadness intermingled with all the holiday cheer this year for several people we know. This particular card is for my cousin who lost his girlfriend to a terrible car accident just two days before Christmas. She was just twenty years old with a bright future in Television broadcasting. I didn't even know where to start with this card, but thank goodness I visited Danderella on Christmas Eve and noticed this stamp set sitting out while visiting in her craft room. I love the verses in this fantastic set from Verve. Thanks for loaning me this great set Dan!


I took these pictures with my new Nikon 7000. I don't know much about it yet, but so far, what I see I really like! 


Here is the sketch I used. I deviated slightly from it, but love the simplicity of this one. I would like to share my card at The Sweet Stop.


Well, I better run and feed the boys some lunch before we head out to the hill for another afternoon of skiing.

Thanks for visiting,
Shanna :)

What I used:
papers: Prima Reflections collection 6x6
burlap
Verve "Forever in our hearts"

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sympathy card...that's so sad...20. Love the burlap!!Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I'm sorry you were in need of a sympathy card at this time of the year. Definitely harder than ever.

    That Verve set is wonderful for it's sentiments. It's one I often reach for when in need of a sympathy card.

    Hope skiing was fun!!
    Happy New Year to you and your family. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you needed a sympathy card. It turned out very pretty. Love the words and the jute in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the burlap, it gives the card the right feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love the burlap. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)