Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's almost the witching hour.....

Yes, another Halloween card! I decided to make another card for the Moxie Fab World "Textured to Perfection" challenge.


This is such a fun technique! I simply take my spray bottle and get the edges of the paper wet - once you do this you can shape it just how you like. Leave to dry and you are set to go! Such a fun way to add some dimension! I took one more shot to see if I could capture it better with my camera.

I would also like to share this for the following challenges:

The Ribbon Carousel - inspired by Halloween
Pollycraft Monday - Spooky
Wee Memories - Brads, buttons or bows

I hope you are having a great weekend! Here is what our agenda for Sunday is looking like: finish carving the pumpkins, get costumes organized, bake the witch's fingers (dough already made and chilling), walk past big pile of dirty laundry, make candied popcorn for school parties, leave dishes in sink and move onto next thing on list and finish the spooky decor outside. Hmmmm, it's going to be a busy day! If only I'd been home this past week, perhaps I would have at least go the costumes organized - or maybe not, at least I have that as an excuse, lol!

Cheers,

Shanna :)

What I used:
Cricut Cartridge: A child's year
papers: MME - Mischeivous
embellishments: Making Memories "Spook Alley"

11 comments:

  1. Love your card, love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Shanna! I'll have to try the wetting the paper technique, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card again...love the silouhette!!
    Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is stunning!
    Thanks for playing along in our 'Spooky Goings On' challenge this week over at Pollycraft :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous Halloween card! The stitched ghost is so cute too. Thank you for joining the Pollycraft challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Halloween card! Those papers are fabulous and I really love the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous Halloween card, love the witch image and that paper technique is one of my favourite things to do!
    Happy Halloween! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. GASP! I looooooooove this card--great details and papers...love your ghost--GREAT job:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shanna! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Shanna! I just love that paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Cute halloween card. love the distress paper and paper choices. thanks for joining us at wee memories challenge.hope to see your creation in our next challenge

    -cathy fong-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)